Welcome to Krav Maga Detroit (KMD), the 2008 Krav Maga Worldwide School of the Year. We offer complete self-defense instruction that trains both your body and mind to deal with threatening situations.
KMD was founded by owner and Chief Instructor, Pawel Cichowlas and is a licensee of Krav Maga Worldwide. Pawel is a certified Black Belt Instructor, and one of the few civilians certified as a Force Training Division Instructor. He has taught Krav Maga and Weapons Defense to civilians and law enforcement personnel in the US and abroad.
In response to the interest in Krav Maga and the growing membership, KMD moved to its current location in late 2009, more than tripling the floor space. KMD now has four training floors and more equipment so that multiple classes can be offered simultaneously for the convenience of our clients. KMD teaches Krav Maga and Weapons Defense for men and women alike as well as our KMD Youth Program. We also offer Monkey Bar Gym, Fight Club and Kickboxing.
- 5,000 square feet of training space
- Four training floors
- Men and women locker rooms with showers
- On-site pro shop with training clothes and instructional material
- Vending machine
- Water fountains
Located on the north side of Maple east of Crooks in Troy, KMD is easily accessible from the I-75 Big Beaver exit.
Act Now! … Schedule a trial class for only $10! … What to do?
- Check our Schedule web page & select the class and a couple of dates & times
- Email class name/dates/times to info@KMDetroit.com
- Our staff will confirm your reservation in a day or two.
- Bring/wear gym clothes & carry your tennis shoes to the training center.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the class start time.